• Sixteen full-color illustrations by François Vaillancourt, including three fold-out illustrations measuring 14 inches by 10 inches
• An introduction by Josh Boone, writer and director of the forthcoming feature film adaptation
• Exclusive artwork created by Vincent Chong for the film development process
• “A Nasty, Dark Piece of Work” by Bev Vincent: an overview of Stephen King’s writing of the novel
• “Stephen King: The Rolling Stone Interview” — an epic twenty page interview with Stephen King originally published on Halloween 2014 by Rolling Stone magazine in celebration of the novel’s publication
• Deluxe oversized design (7 inches X 10 inches) featuring two color interior printing
• Printed on a heavy interior specialty acid-free paper stock that is much thicker than the paper in a normal trade edition
• Featuring hot foil stamping and “blind” heat burnishing on the front cover and spine
• Smyth sewn to create a more durable binding
• Includes genuine crafted spine hubs in the spine
• Deluxe binding with colored head and tail bands
• High-quality endpapers
• A sewn-in satin ribbon page marker
• Full-color signature sheet
• Custom-made slipcase wrapped with a woven cloth and stamped with hot foil on the spine
• Extremely collectible print run that will be a tiny fraction of the print run of the original trade hardcover edition from Scribner
Each piece will be personally signed and numbered by the artist
François is a Montreal artist who specializes in images illustrating dark worlds and stories where horror and macabre meet.
His images are characterized by a highly textured, emotionally evocative and sensitive universe. Even through his darkest images, we can recognize a certain beauty and fragility.
Although he is trained as a classical artist, his work and creative methods have been transposed into the digital world, allowing him to rework his images in a more fluid way until the desired result is achieved.