Personally signed by the artists directly onto a special limitation page.
Cemetery Dance Publications 2018. "Night Shift" by Stephen King. Signed Limited Artist Edition of only 750 copies available. The fourth installment in the "Doubleday Years" books collection published by Cemetery Dance.
Night Shift is the first collection of short stories by Stephen King, first published in 1978. In 1980, Night Shift received the Balrog Award for Best Collection, and in 1979 it was nominated as best collection for the Locus Award and the World Fantasy Award. Many of King's most famous short stories were included in this collection.
- Author: Stephen King
- Artist: Mark Stutzman and Chris Odgers
- Pub. Date: 2018
- ISBN: 978-1-58767-567-6
- Status: Forthcoming 2018
- Night Shift: The Deluxe Special Edition
A Collectible Limited ONE TIME PRINTING featuring an afterword by Stewart O'Nan, two full-color paintings by Mark Stutzman, and TWENTY pieces of interior artwork by Chris Odgers!
Night Shift: The Deluxe Special Edition (Volume Four in the "Doubleday Years" Collection) by Stephen King
Featuring two pieces of full-color artwork by Mark Stutzman and TWENTY black and white interior illustrations by Chris Odgers
About the Book:
This new book of stories from the author of Carrie, The Shining, and 'Salem's Lot is a chilling collection of strange imaginings, ghoulish twists, and diabolical terror.
Stephen King, a modern master of the macabre, has brought together nineteen of his most unsettling short pieces—bizarre tales of dark doings and unthinkable acts from the twilight regions where horror and madness take on eerie, unearthly forms... where noises in the walls and shadows by the bed are always signs of something dreadful on the prowl.
The settings are familiar and unsuspected—a high school, a factory, a truck stop, a laundry, a field of Nebraska corn. But in Stephen King's world and place can serve as devil's ground... if the time of night is propitious and the forces of darkness are strong, and the victims are caught just slightly off guard.
In the ominous, frightening world of Stephen King there are things unimagined, almost unspeakable, working the Night Shift:
• Strange presences in Jerusalem's Lot, a town abandoned for generations—and with good reason. No one who wanders there now, after the sun has set, ever comes back alive...
• And the hideous growths on the hands of a former astronaut—tiny round and yellow eyes popping through the skin, watching him, not liking what they see...
• And the mysterious little girl lost in a fierce Maine blizzard, calling out to her rescuers in a pitiful voice. But she walks on top of the deep, drifting snow—and she leaves no tracks...
• And the grim-faced children in a Midwest town where no one seems to live past the age of nineteen...
• And the vermin in the second sub-celler of the old mill—abandoned to darkness for a hundred years and now assuming shapes and sizes nature never intended them to take...
• And the giant folding and steam pressing machine in the Blue Ribbon Laundry—an impressive and reliable piece of equipment, until it got its first taste of human blood...
Special Features For This Deluxe Special Edition:
• a foreword by Stephen King
• an introduction by John D. MacDonald
• a brand new afterword by Stewart O'Nan
• deluxe oversized design (7 inches X 10 inches) featuring two color interior printing
• printed on a heavy interior specialty paper stock that is much thicker than the paper in a normal trade edition
• custom-made slipcase for the Gift Edition, custom-made traycase for the Numbered Artist Edition, and custom-made three piece traycase for the Deluxe Lettered Artist Edition
• epic wrap-around full color dust jacket artwork by Mark Stutzman for the Gift Edition
• a different full color dust jacket for the Numbered Artist Edition painted by Mark Stutzman
• TWENTY black and white interior illustrations by Chris Odgers — see just a few samples above!
• signature sheet artwork for all three editions by Glenn Chadbourne
• high-quality endpapers and fine bindings
• extremely collectible print run that is a tiny fraction of the TENS OF MILLIONS of copies of this novel you've seen in bookstores over the years!
About the author
Stephen King has written more than forty novels and two hundred short stories. He is the recipient of the 2003 National Book Foundation Medal for Distinguished Contribution to American Letters and he also received the O. Henry Award for his story "The Man in the Black Suit." His previous Cemetery Dance Publications special editions include two volumes of The Secretary of Dreams, the deluxe Limited Editions of From a Buick 8, Full Dark, No Stars, It: The 25th Anniversary Special Limited Edition, Doctor Sleep, Carrie, and the World's First Trade Editions of Blockade Billy and The Dark Man. King lives in Bangor, Maine, with his wife, novelist Tabitha King.
Best known for his rendition of the young Elvis Presley Stamp, Mark Stutzman's illustrations are used in advertising, on products, posters, magazines, book covers, and other niche markets. He has created artwork for movie products and premiums for Batman, Jurassic Park, and Space Jam, as well as book covers for Stephen King and is an acclaimed playing card artist. With a client list topped by McDonald's, DC Comics, MAD magazine, The New Yorker, Nickelodeon, Rolling Stone, Microsoft, Time, and Esquire, he's had the opportunity to influence many worlds through his illustrative works. Stutzman works with clients from around the globe in the quiet comfort of his remote studio.
Chris Odgers is an artist living the UK.
CEMETERY DANCE TO PUBLISH SIX VOLUME SET OF SPECIAL COLLECTIBLE EDITIONS OF STEPHEN KING’S DOUBLEDAY BOOKS BEGINNING WITH CARRIE
Specialty Publisher Cemetery Dance has signed an exclusive deal to produce a six volume set of special collectible editions of Stephen King’s early books that were originally published by Doubleday back in the 1970s and early 1980s! These books are Carrie, ‘Salem’s Lot, The Shining, Night Shift, The Stand, and Pet Sematary, six classics of the horror genre and all-time Stephen King fan favorites!
These special editions will be beautiful and oversized volumes like CD published for From a Buick 8, It, Doctor Sleep, and many other King books over the years.
The first title in this special six volume set is Carrie, which will be published later this year and is available for preorder immediately. Other volumes in this series will follow approximately every six months after that and several acclaimed artists are already creating stunning art for these books. These special editions will feature exclusive bonus features such as introductions, afterwords, artwork, and even deleted material in some cases.
Strong demand for these special editions of Stephen King’s extraordinarily popular early books is expected, and collectors who preorder Carrie directly from us will be the first collectors offered the opportunity to order the next volume before the general public.