"The best historical novels ever written. "
An Impressive 20-Volume Leather Bound Collection That Will Make A Unique Addition To Your Library
A complete matching collection bound in rich, blue leather with full-color frontispiece artwork. Easton Press Norwalk, CT. Limited Collector's Edition. This collection makes an amazing addition to the library of any serious collector. Each edition is luxuriously bound in full genuine leather with exquisite gold detailing.
Easton Press MASTER AND COMMANDER SERIES in 20 volumes by Patrick O'Brian.
Brown leather binding with stamped picture on the spine and front board
Incomparable sea-faring novels of the Napoleonic wars, chronicling the adventures of Captain Jack Aubrey and his friend, surgeon Stephen Maturin.
Each volume features a frontispiece of the beloved Geoff Hunt dust jacket art.
LIST OF TITLES: a series in 20 leather-bound volumes:
1. Master and Commander [Very Fine]
2. Post Captain [Very Near Fine]
3. H.M.S. Surprise [Very Fine]
4. The Mauritius Command [Very Fine]
5. Desolation Island [Very Fine]
6. The Fortune of War [Very Fine]
7. The Surgeon's Mate [Very Fine]
8. The Ionian Mission [Very Fine]
9. Treason's Harbour [Very Fine]
10. The Far Side of the World [Very Fine]
11. The Reverse of the Medal [Very Fine]
12. The Letter of Marque [Very Fine]
13. The Thirteen Gun Salute [Very N Fine]
14. The Nutmeg of Consolation [Very Fine]
15. The Truelove [Very Fine]
16. The Wine-Dark Sea [Very Fine]
17. The Commodore [Very Fine]
18. The Yellow Admiral [Very Fine]
19. The Hundred Days [Very Fine]
20. Blue at the Mizzen [Very Fine]
Patrick O'Brian, CBE (12 December 1914 – 2 January 2000), born Richard Patrick Russ, was an English novelist and translator, best known for his Aubrey–Maturin series of novels set in the Royal Navy during the Napoleonic Wars and centred on the friendship of English naval captain Jack Aubrey and the Irish–Catalan physician Stephen Maturin. The 20-novel series, the first of which is Master and Commander, is known for its well-researched and highly detailed portrayal of early 19th-century life, as well as its authentic and evocative language. A partially finished twenty-first novel in the series was published posthumously containing facing pages of handwriting and typescript.
About Master and Commander
Master and Commander is the first historical novel in the Aubrey-Maturin series by Patrick O'Brian, first published in 1969 in the US and 1970 in UK. The story features Jack Aubrey of the Royal Navy and the naval surgeon Stephen Maturin, and is set in the Napoleonic Wars.
The novel follows the lives of three men, two who meet at a musical performance in 1800 in Port Mahon, and the third who is first lieutenant of the ship on which they sail, as Britain is at war with Napoleon's France. Aubrey's ship encounters in this novel draw on the naval feats of Lord Cochrane. He is observer to the Algeciras Campaign.